A variety of Standing and ad hoc Committees will
be created in the course of the Foundation's conducting its public good
Committees, procedures and terms of reference described herein are
mostly indicative and intent on setting in place a flexible framework
for Members, stakeholders and officials to adapt this section of the
Constitution and set of Foundation functions to meet specific, future
General, guiding principles:
1. Except for the initiating
committee arrangements and appointments made herein, the Board would
normally appoint committee members annually
for one- to three-year terms.
2. Committees have an advisory function to the Board. They do not speak
or act for the Board unless such authority is formally delegated;
3. Committees are usually time-limited and exist for specific purposes.
4. Committees do not have any authority to direct Foundation staff though
they will work with the CEO and the Executive
Committee to obtain
resources in support of committee activities.
5. The composition of the committees shall be representative of Members
and of the EcoPort community at large.
6. The CEO and one person appointed by the Board, are ex-officio members
of all committees.
7. Committees and Foundation staff work co-operatively to carry out the
objectives of the Foundation.
8. Committees isolate key issues requiring Board consideration, propose
alternative actions, present the implications and make recommendations
to the Board
for decision. The Board will not review the matter in the
same detail as the committee but must be satisfied that all pertinent
was considered or refer the issue back to the committee for further study.
The Board will consider the recommendations of the committee and adopt
amend these recommendations or make such other disposition as it deems
Individual Committee Descriptions are given elsewhere in the Foundation's